Thank you for coming to our website!
We are a new United Methodist Church start in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. We’d love to welcome you to worship on a Sunday morning.
- Do you have a building?
Nope—we are currently at the Lincoln Springs Center in Bloomington and worship on Sunday from 10-11am.
- Are you LGBTQ inclusive?
Yes, and we seek to live out that God loves absolutely everyone.
- Is there food and coffee?
Yes! Come to the Lincoln Springs Center by 9/9:30 every Sunday for food and coffee.
- But, is the coffee good?
Yes, and our coffee is purchased directly from the Thai farmer by a friend of the launch team.
- What happens on Sundays?
Our worship is contemporary, with an excellent band, but is designed by people with a heart for liturgy and hymns (which do make appearances).
- What about kids?
We’d love to meet your kids! We offer a one-room concept for kids aged Preschool through 5th grade, with a short lesson, age-appropriate small groups, and a creative activity. It happens from 9-10 am, so kids can worship with their families (but we also offer childcare from 10-11). Find out more about Hope Harbor and childcare!
- What happens during the week?
Our weekday ministries, meetings, and groups occur in homes, apartments, restaurants, and coffee shops.
- What about individual coffee? Can I meet someone to chat about the church?
Jennie (our pastor) or Roxy (our Director of Discipleship) or Luke (our Director of Connections) are happy to have coffee with you any day of the week.
- Who goes to Hope?
We want to make sure young adults feel at home because we were launched with a team of recent college grads, but we are becoming multi-generational and truly welcome people of all ages.
- Who gets involved with Hope?
If labels are helpful, we are progressive and evangelical, and love God and love people. Our congregation is made up of people who are Cubs fans and Cards fans, Democrats and Republicans, gay and straight, iPhone and Android users, and believers and doubters.
How Do I Partner as a Member of Hope Church?
Here’s what you commit to when you partner with Hope Church:
- Your Prayers: Will you pray for the church, and for our community? Will you be active in learning to live a Christ-centered life?
- Your Presence: Will you show up? Will you commit to being present for worship—for your own growth and for the sake of others in our faith community?
- Your Gifts: Will you consistently give financially to church?
- Your Service: Will you find a way to serve Hope through your abilities, and volunteer for our One Thing partner?
- Your Witness: Will you share your stories and experiences with others? When appropriate, will you invite others to experience Hope Church?