Thank you for coming to our website!
We are a United Methodist Church in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. We pray we are an open and welcoming church where we seek to live out our belief that God loves absolutely everyone. No matter your background, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, we’d love to welcome you to worship on a Sunday morning!
We recently moved to a gorgeous new space at 1304 E. Empire Street in Bloomington. We worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. If you are unable to join us in person, check out our FaceBook page where we stream our Sunday service live.
Join us on Sunday mornings, before service, for delicious food, tasty coffee, and fellowship. Our church members bring in homemade (and store bought) casseroles, baked goods, sweet treats, and fruit every Sunday morning. Our delectable coffee, purchased directly from a Thai farmer, is fresh brewed each morning.
Childcare is offered during our worship service. Each of our childcare workers have undergone a thorough screening and background check. Our team of 4-5 staff members will become familiar faces to your children as they get to know your entire family. Find out more about Hope Harbor and childcare!
- Where are you located?
We recently moved to a gorgeous new space at 1304 E. Empire Street in Bloomington. We worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am.
- Who goes to Hope?
We pray we are an open and welcoming church community for people of all ages, races, sexual orientations, political affiliation, religious beliefs, and challenge ourselves to be a place of deep theological thought and conversation. We believe that God loves absolutely everyone.
- What happens on Sundays?
Every Sunday, we worship through song, prayer, scripture, and a thought provoking message provided by one of our pastors. We have a contemporary worship service with music led by our Director of Worship, Jordan Anderson.
- What about kids? Do you offer Sunday School or Youth Group?
We offer Sunday School at 9:00am for kids aged Preschool through 5th grade, with a short lesson, age-appropriate small groups, and a creative activity. It happens from 9-10 am, so kids can worship with their families. We offer childcare for kids aged 0-5 from 9:00am through worship service. Find out more about Hope Harbor and childcare!
- What happens during the week?
Our weekday ministries, meetings, and groups occur in homes, apartments, restaurants, and coffee shops. We offer a variety of small groups that change throughout the year. For more infomration regarding our Small Groups, check out our FaceBook page or Small Group webpage.
- Can I meet someone to chat about the church?
Jennie (Pastor), Cara (Associate Pastor) or Luke (Director of Connections) are happy to have coffee with you any day of the week. Please reach out to Luke at email@example.com for more ways to be connected or to set up a time to chat over coffee.
- Who gets involved with Hope?
If labels are helpful, we are progressive and evangelical, and love God and people. Our congregation is made up of people who are Cubs fans and Cards fans, Democrats and Republicans, gay and straight, iPhone and Android users, and believers and doubters.
How Do I Partner as a Member of Hope Church?
Here’s what you commit to when you partner with Hope Church:
- Your Prayers: Will you pray for the church, and for our community? Will you be active in learning to live a Christ-centered life?
- Your Presence: Will you show up? Will you commit to being present for worship—for your own growth and for the sake of others in our faith community?
- Your Gifts: Will you consistently give financially to church? Will you strive to identify your individual gifts and utilize them for the church?
- Your Service: Will you find a way to serve Hope through your abilities, and volunteer for our One Thing partner?
- Your Witness: Will you share your stories and experiences with others? When appropriate, will you invite others to experience Hope Church?