Frequently Asked QUestions
- Where are you located?
We recently moved to a gorgeous new space at 1304 E. Empire Street in Bloomington. We worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am.
- Who goes to Hope?
We pray we are an open and welcoming church community for people of all ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions, political affiliation, religious beliefs, and challenge ourselves to be a place of deep theological thought and conversation. We believe that God loves absolutely everyone.
- What happens on Sundays?
Every Sunday, we worship through song, prayer, scripture, and a thought provoking message provided by one of our pastors. We have a contemporary worship service with music led by our Director of Worship, Jordan Anderson.
- What about kids? Do you offer Sunday School or Youth Group?
We offer Sunday School at 9:00am for kids Preschool through 5th grade, with a short lesson, age-appropriate small groups, and a creative activity. It happens from 9-10 am, so kids can worship with their families. We offer childcare for kids aged 0-5 from 9:00am through worship service. Find out more about Hope Harbor and Childcare!
- What happens during the week?
Our weekday ministries, meetings, and groups occur in homes, apartments, restaurants, and coffee shops. We offer a variety of small groups that change throughout the year. For more information regarding our Small Groups, check out our Facebook page or Small Group website.
- Can I meet someone to chat about the church?
Jennie (Pastor) or Cara (Associate Pastor) are happy to have coffee with you any day of the week. Please reach out to Julie at email@example.com for more ways to be connected or to set up a time to chat over coffee.
- Who gets involved with Hope?
If labels are helpful, we are progressive and evangelical, and love God and people. Our congregation is made up of people who are Cubs fans and Cards fans, Democrats and Republicans, gay and straight, iPhone and Android users, and believers and doubters.
- Restrooms: all of our restrooms are gender neutral. We have both single stall facilities and multiple stall facilities.
- Are you handicap accessible? Yes. We have a handicap accessible ramp to enter the building. There is an elevator that allows for easy access to our worship area on the second floor.