Director of Worship
Full Time | Salaried | Reports to: Lead Pastor
We at hope are SO excited to announce our search for a new Director of Worship! This full time and salaried position will remain open until the right candidate is identified.
Hope Church began as a dream: we sought to be a place for all people to grow and to flourish together! If you believe in this dream and wish to draw others closer to the liberating grace of God, we encourage you to apply!
Hope Church Prayer Statement
Dear God, as Hope Church we pray that this is a place where absolutely everyone experiences God’s Love, we are a place of theological thought and conversation, and we are a community learning to live Christ-centered lives. Amen.
Who We Are
We are a Church which values the holiness of diversity, antiracism, and LGBTQIA+ inclusion. Our congregation is representative of the community we live in. It is filled with people of all ages, sexualities, gender identities, and economic standing. We empower each other to leverage personal connections and passions to sustainably impact our community.
Hope Church is a seven year old new-church-start. Throughout the course of the Covid-19 Pandemic, our worship has taken place entirely online. Upon the return to in-person worship, we will move to multiple services, as well as, a unique online worship experience. For more information, please visit www.behopechurch.org.
The Director of Worship is a spiritual leader responsible for designing a worship experience that speaks to folks of diverse backgrounds. Our worship band is composed of both classically trained and novice performers, professors of music and students in high school. A successful candidate will not be afraid to tap into the talent which surrounds them. Furthermore, the Director of Worship will run band rehearsals, auditions, and partake in other staff functions as assigned.
Qualifications | Education | Experience
- Education in or experience with music theory and technology.
- Working knowledge of contemporary music
- Experience in organizing and growing a music ministry
- Ability to sing and play guitar/piano/or other lead instruments
- Experience in leading a team of volunteers
- Foundational understanding of one’s personal faith
- Demonstrated ability of communicating with excellence
- Functions with grace and positivity in stressful situations
Essential Functions | Responsibilities
- Creatively design worship alongside the pastoral staff and worship design team
- Lead the worship band through continual recruitment, auditioning, on boarding, and the growing of talent within our pool of volunteers
- Lead weekly rehearsals
- Recruit and train members for the Technology Team
- Strive for excellence in worship through collaborative and creative authenticity
- Be flexible in the growth of our new online worship ministry
- Serve as an active leader in the life of Hope Church’s broad ministries
- Contribute to fun and enjoyable work environment
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Employment and programs at Hope United Methodist church are open to all people regardless of gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic identity/background, country of origin, ability, age, genetic information, ancestry, or military status.